Saturday, January 2, 2010

Wake Up Dead Man

So an acquaintance of mine died recently. She OD'd. Her fiance took it very hard obviously. Attempted suicide himself. I was very shaken, at the news. I was shocked that I wasn't shocked, knowing the lives these two endured. I had one of those intense spiritual moments, like Jesus was standing right next to me when I heard the story. "Harassed and helpless" was again the phrase pulsing through my skull. It was a wake-up call to me, or at least I hope i can treat it as one- Start living your life! Know, understand, and boldly share the hope you have inside! I want to stop merely existing and start getting involved in this human experience. I just pray that I can continually remember how I felt at that moment whenever fear rears its ugly face. I need to remember that its not my strength that makes the difference, its God working through me, if I just allow myself to be that vessel. If i can use these feelings to facilitate positive change in my own life then she won't have perished in vain. Lord give me strength to persevere.

No comments:

Post a Comment